www.services.irctc.co.in – IRCTC Ticket Cancellation Charges 2019 [Refund Status]. Check Tatkal Waiting List E-Ticket Online Cancellation Charges.
IRCTC Ticket Cancellation Charges 2019 – Refund Status For E-Ticket
IRCTC (Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation) is the authority behind Online Ticket Booking for train journeys, catering and other related passenger services. In this article, we are describing about the cancellation of train tickets, cancellation charges and refund amounts.
You can Check Refund Status Online on the E-Ticketing website of IRCTC. The refund status details will display the information about the refund amount, status of whether the amount has been credited in your account, if not then when it will get credited etc.
How to Cancel a Counter Ticket ?
The reservation ticket bought from the station counter is called a ‘Counter Ticket’. It can be cancelled either on the Station Counter or on IRCTC e-Ticketing website.
- You need to visit the website www.irctc.co.in .
- Now, go to ‘Trains’ menu and select the option ‘Counter Ticket’ from ‘Cancel Ticket’ tab.
- Now, enter the PNR Number, Train Number and Captcha Code.
- Select check box to confirm that rules and procedure are read.
- After click on submit an OTP will be sent on mobile number, enter the received OTP and click submit.
- The OTP is validated, PNR details will be displayed on the screen.
- After verifying the details, click on ‘Cancel Ticket’ for full cancellation. Refund amount due will be displayed on the screen.
- An SMS will be sent with PNR and refund details informing that Your PNR has been cancelled.
- The applicable refund amount can be collected from journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations by submitting your ticket.
How to Cancel an E-Ticket ?
The ticket booked online on IRCTC e-Ticketing website is called E-Ticket. E-Tickets cancellation can be on the official website till Chart preparation of the train. Cancellations are not allowed at face to face Railway Counters. For train starting up to 12 noon the chart preparation is usually done on the previous night.
- You need to log on to www.irctc.co.in.
- Login to your account and click on ‘My Account’ menu.
- Now, select the “Booked Tickets” link and select the ticket to be cancelled and can initiate the cancellation by selecting the passengers to be cancelled.
- Cancellation would be confirmed online and the refund would be credited back to the account used for booking as for normal Internet tickets.
How to Cancel an I-Ticket ?
I-Ticket option is provided to the customer at the time of online ticket booking. The ticket is booked online but is sent to the user via post and is similar to the counter ticket.
- Cancellation of I-Tickets can be done at any computerized reservation counter across the country and a cancellation ticket obtained.
- I-Ticket can be cancelled up to 72 hrs after the scheduled departure of train at any computerized reservation counter.
- In case no facility of cancellation of RAC ticket or wait-listed ticket is available at the station originating the journey for night trains.
- No Cash Refund will be given rather the refund amount will be credited to the respective credit card account electronically, the following day of cancellation.
Railway Ticket Cancellation Charges – IRCTC Ticket Cancellation Charges Waiting List
- If a confirmed ticket is cancelled more than 48 hrs before the scheduled departure of the train, flat cancellation charges shall be deducted as follows:
|Ticket Class||Flat Cancellation Charges/ Passenger|
|AC First/Executive Class||Rs.240 plus GST|
|First Class/AC 2 Tier||Rs.200 plus GST|
|AC Chair Car/AC 3Tier/AC 3 Economy||Rs.180 plus GST|
- If a confirmed ticket is cancelled within 48 hrs and up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges shall be 25% of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate as mentioned above.
- If a confirmed ticket is cancelled in less than 12 hours and upto 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges shall be 50% of the fare subject to the minimum cancellation charges as mentioned above.
Refund Conditions on Railway Ticket Cancellation
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on RAC e-tickets is case the ticket is not cancelled or TDR not filed online upto thirty minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
- After preparation of charts, the user shall have to file online TDR for claiming refund.
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on confirmed Tatkal Tickets.
- No refund of fare shall be admissible on the ticket having confirmed reservation in case ticket is not cancelled or TDR not filed online upto four hours before the scheduled departure of the train.
How to Check IRCTC Ticket Cancellation Charges Refund Status Online
- First of all, you need to login on the IRCTC e-Ticketing website i.e. www.irctc.co.in.
- Now, click on ‘Login’ option.
- Now, enter your user name and password and click on ‘Sign In’.
- Then, go to ‘My Account’ menu and click on ‘Ticket Refund History’.
- The page will show the details of your cancelled tickets with transaction ID.
- Now, click on the transaction ID.
- New page will appear and will display the refund status (refund amount and other details).
Click Here For IRCTC Ticket Cancellation Charges.