www.tin-nsdl.com – OLTAS Refund Status Online Payment. Check Online Tax Accounting System Payment & Status. OLTAS Refund Challan Status Inquiry.
OLTAS Refund Status Online Payment – www.tin-nsdl.com
In order to address issues associated with manual process of collection and accounting of direct taxes and also considering the technological revolution which replaced electronic means over manual process, Online Tax Accounting System (OLTAS) was introduced in June 2004. In order to make efficient implementation of OLTAS, the following bodies worked together:
- The CBDT
- The controller of accounts
- The Indian Bank Association
- The Reserve Bank of India
OLTAS is a system for collection, accounting and reporting of the receipts and payments of Direct Taxes from all kinds of taxpayers, online through a network of bank branches. The taxpayers’ data flows from banks directly to Tax Information Network (TIN). TIN is set up and maintained by the National Securities Depository Ltd., to manage all the data and information about challans between the tax department and the banks.
ओएलटीएएस रिफंड स्थिति ऑनलाइन, ऐसे चेक करे |
OLTAS बैंक शाखाओं के एक नेटवर्क के माध्यम से ऑनलाइन सभी प्रकार के करदाताओं की रसीदें और भुगतान की प्राप्ति, लेखा और रिपोर्टिंग के लिए एक प्रणाली है। करदाताओं का डेटा बैंकों से सीधे कर सूचना नेटवर्क (TIN) में जाता है। TIN को नेशनल सिक्योरिटीज डिपॉजिटरी लिमिटेड द्वारा स्थापित और रखरखाव किया जाता है, कर विभाग और बैंकों के बीच चालान के बारे में सभी डेटा और जानकारी का प्रबंधन करने के लिए।
Main Objective OLTAS Refund
Accounting of direct taxes online, Collection of direct taxes online and Reporting receipts and payments of direct taxes online, these are some objectives on which OLTAS work.
OLTAS Online Payment
- Visit https://www.tin-nsdl.com/ > Services > e-payment : Pay Taxes Online
- Choose the relevant challans for the payment. The taxpayer, as per OLTAS, has to use a single and common challans for the following:
- Challan No. ITNS 280 for regular income tax and corporate taxes.
- Challan No. ITNS 281 for the deposit of TCS and TDS.
- Challan No. ITNS 282 for the payment of direct taxes like wealth tax, gift tax, estate duty, hotel receipts tax, securities transactions tax and expenditure tax.
- Challan No. ITNS 283 for payment of Banking Cash Transaction Tax and Fringe Benefits Tax.
- Challan No. ITNS 285 for payment of equalization levy.
- Challan No. ITNS 286 for payment under Income Declaration Scheme, 2016.
- Challan No. ITNS 287 for payment under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, 2016 (PMGKY).
- For ease of explanation, we are using screenshots of Challan No./ITNS 280. Procedure is similar for all types of challans.
- Select applicable major head code i.e., corporate tax or non corporate tax under taxes applicable.
- Enter PAN and Assessment year for which tax is being paid. No need to enter the name of taxpayer. Data with respect to name will automatically taken from PAN records and displayed in the next screen.
- Enter contact details such as address, email id and contact number.
- Select mode of payment whether net banking or by using debit card and choose the bank name from the drop down. As of now debit card payment is enabled only for four banks namely HDFC, ICIC, Indian Bank, Punjab National and State Bank of India. Net banking payment is available for 25 banks. Also enter Captcha image and click on ‘proceed’.
- On submission of data entered, a confirmation screen will displayed along with full name of the taxpayer as per PAN.
- On verifying the details appearing on confirmation screen, click on ‘submit to the bank. In case details need to modified click on ‘edit’ and follow the same procedure again.
- Taxpayer will now directed to bank website. Either login to net banking or enter debit card details and complete the payment.
- On successful payment processing, a challans counterfoil will be displayed containing Challan Identification Number (CIN), payment details and bank name through which e-payment has been made. This serves as proof of tax payment. CIN is a unique number containing the following information.
- 7 digits BSR Code allotted by RBI to the bank branch where tax is deposited.
- Date of presentation of the challans (DD/MM/YY).
- 5 digits serial number of Challan in that bank branch on that day.
How to Check OLTAS Refund Status Online
To check the status of Income-tax refund follow the below steps :
- Go to https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html
- Below screen will appear. Enter the details.
- Click on “Submit”.
- Click here – To know refund status.
- Enter PAN, E-mail ID and Assessment Year and Captcha Code. Click on “Check Refund Status”.
- You can also check refund status on our Mobile App.
Click Here To Check OLTAS Refund Status.