Right to Light Scheme, Right to Light Yojana, Right to Light Yojana Plan, Right to Light Scheme IIT, Right to Light PIB, Right to Light Institute.
Right to Light Scheme- Details/ Features/ Implementations
The Central Government of India introduced a new project which is known as “Right to Light” for the students of Uttar Pradesh Students. The main motive of this Sarkari Yojana is to make sure that every school of the state gets Solar Lights though students can also study at night. There are total five states in which the scheme has been initiated Bihar, Orissa, Jharkhand, and Assam including Uttar Pradesh on the other hand this scheme also been started in some other Eastern States of the nation. Under this scheme the Govt provides the Solar Lamps on the street for School going students. This scheme has been launched by the Piyush Goyal’s ministry of new and renewable energy (MNRE).
Right to Light Yojana- Features
Following are the main features of this scheme as per Govt. data-
- Right to Light scheme will cater to the 1.03 crore students in 296 development blocks in Uttar Pradesh where electrification is less than 50%.
- Under this scheme, homes which are still using Kerosene Oil for lighting will be cover,
- Students just need to pay some cash for the Lamps and (Ministry of New and Renewable Energy) will take care rest of the expenses,
- The Central Govt has planned to provide across 1 Crore Solar powered bulbs to those students who fall under Below Poverty Line (BPL)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai plays a vital role on this scheme as they have already joined hands with the Govt to implement on this scheme.
What are the Benefits of Right to Light Scheme-
Following are the basic benefits of this scheme-
- School Students will take advantage of Solar Lamps to study at night,
- Across 1.3 Crore students will get help via this scheme,
Eligibility Criteria for Right to Light Scheme–
Students who wants to opt out this scheme must be eligible for it, the eligibility criteria are as follows-
- This scheme is only for those students who comes under BPL,
- Only the students of above mentioned five states will take advantage of this scheme.
Right to Light Scheme Application Form
Students who wants to apply for this scheme can now follow these steps-
- Applicant should visit Gram Panchayat or Zilla Parishad in concerned districts/taluka
- Applicant also visit regional electricity board
For more information kindly visit @ http://mnre.gov.in/