Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana
77148 artisans were mobilized and about 4572 SHGs have been formed, during the last five years. These artisans of SHGs have been benefited through different kind of interventions and modifications like technical training & design development programme. Out of 97 Cluster Development Programme which were sanctioned out of which 45 such programmes have been completed during the last five year, and in rest of clusters different kind of need based intervention programmes are being sanctioned to Implementing Agencies based on the eligibility criteria and as per the terms-conditions & guidelines of the scheme.
Total 97 number of Cluster Development Programme related to natural fibre (including Bamboo craft) under Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana (AHVY) have been sanctioned to different agencies during last five year from December 2011 to 2015-16. This scheme was initiated and launched by the Minister of State for Textiles, Shri Ajay Tamta in a written reply to a Rajya Sabha question.
- Alternate Train Accommodation Scheme
- List of Prime Ministers in India 1947 to 2014
- Pradhan Mantri Sahal Bijli Har Ghar Yojana
Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana is a scheme which was implemented for typical handicraft artisans with a purpose to empower and develop them into a well-organized market.
Objectives of Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Scheme
The objective of the Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana scheme is as follows:
- To mobilise and generate awareness of typical handicraft arts for their overall development and progress.
- To provide training to artisans and expose them to greater market to sell their handicraft products.
- To provide proper education and market knowledge to artisans so that they learn the market techniques to get better results.
Activities and Their Components
There are total five activities conducted by the Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana in all regions and they also contains different components. These include:
PART I-SOCIAL INTERVENTIONS
- Diagnostic Survey and formulation of Project Plan
- Community empowerment for mobilization of artisans into Self Help Groups
- Issuance of Identity cards to the artisans (Departmental activity)
PART II-TECHNOLOGICAL INTERVENTIONS
- Development and supply of improved modern tools
- Design and Technical Development Workshops
- Integrated Design and Technical Development project.
- Training of artisans
- Organizing Seminar & Symposium.
- Technological status and need based study and research provision.
PART III-MARKETING INTERVENTIONS
This interventions consists of:
- Organizing Exhibitions
- Publicity through printing and electronic mode and brand building campaign
- Setting up of Handicrafts emporia in own/rented/ outright purchase of building and renovation
- Market assessment, product assessment study and Study cum exposure tours for artisans and other stake holders tour
- Establishment of warehousing cum Common work shed
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme
PART IV-FINANCIAL INTERVENTIONS
This intervention includes:
- Margin Money support
- Wage compensation to cluster manager
- Service charges for Implementing Agencies Babasaheb Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojna
- Engagement of expert/ consultants/institutions,etc., for providing need based assistance including guiding and monitoring.
- Credit Guarantee (Departmental activity)
PART V-CLUSTER SPECIFIC INFRASTRUC-TURE RELATED INTERVENTIONS
- Establishment of Resource Centre for major crafts
- Establishment of E-kiosks
- Creation of Raw Material Banks
- Setting up of Common Facility Centre.
- Technological assistance by setting up of Facility Centres by Exporters/Entrepreneurs, etc.
The given below are the eligible organizations that can avail the facilities and funds provided by the Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana:
- Reputed NGOs, Cooperatives, Apex cooperative societies, Trusts.
- Reputed Organizations’ -COHANDS, EPCH, CEPC, MHSC, IICT, NCDPD, NIFT, NID, University Deptt., DRDA, NISIET, EDIs,
- Central/ State Handloom and Handicrafts Development Corporations and other related
- Govt. Corporations/ agencies promoted by State Government or Financial Institutions.
- Federation of NGOs/ SHGs Consortium, Associations/Federations/Consortium of
- Entrepreneurs, Designers, Exporters. Organizations registered under section 25 of Company act (Non profit), etc.
- Organizations registered under proper statute of state / central govt., for sustainable development of identified craft clusters.
Outcomes of AHVY Scheme
The Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana possesses these outcomes:
- Effective collective participation of all members involved in different processes like production and marketing for optimal growth in human resource, production, business and income.
- Creation of centers of excellence based on philosophy of cooperation with well integrated forward & backward linkages takes place.
- Upgradation of artisans’ skill through appropriate design & technology intervention.
- So as to enable them to use quality raw material, tools and equipments to produce value-added items are made.
- Self Sustained and self managed Artisans clusters takes place.
- State of Art, CFC to enhance production capacity builds up.
- Ability of artisans to sustain and grow in the competitive market encouraged.