Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana 2019 – ग्राम ज्योति योजना 2019-20. Apply Online for Gram Jyoti Schem. Eligibility, Beneficiary List, Last Date 2019.
Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana – www.ddugjy.gov.in
The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has launched Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) all over India which is one of the flagship programme of the Ministry of Power and will facilitate 24×7 supply of power.
The DDUGJY Scheme is approved by the Union Government of India and draws its inspiration from the similar pioneering scheme implemented by the Government of Gujarat. It focuses on rural households & agricultural and strengthening of sub-transmission and distribution infrastructure including metering at all levels in rural areas. This helps in providing power to rural households and also adequate power to agricultural consumers.
A sum of Rs 14680 crore worth projects have already been approved out of which projects amounting to Rs 5827 crore have been approved for Bihar state. The Scheme has an outlay of Rs 76000 crore for implementation of the projects under which Government of India provides Grant of Rs 63000 crore.
Under this scheme, an Agriculture intensive state like Bihar will benefit from works of feeder separation. Thousands of kilometers of new lines shall be laid and hundreds of new substations have been planned in different areas. The implementation of this scheme will ensure the improvement in agricultural productivity and electrification of all the households.
Components of DDUGJY
The major components of the DDUGJY scheme are as follows:
- Feeder separation
- Strengthening of sub-transmission and distribution network
- Metering at all levels (input points, feeders and distribution transformers)
- Micro grid and off grid distribution network
- Rural electrification- already sanctioned projects under RGGVY to be completed
Ministry of Power of Government of India has launched Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana for rural areas keeping in mind the following objectives:
- To provide electrification to all villages.
- Feeder separation to ensure sufficient power to farmers and regular supply to other consumers.
- Improvement of Sub-transmission and distribution network to improve the quality and reliability of the supply.
- Metering to reduce the losses.
The financial provision of the scheme is divided by the responsive government as follows:
- Scheme has an outlay of Rs 76000 Crores for implementation of the projects under which Government of India will provide Grant of Rs 63000 Crores out of the total amount.
- A total of Rs 14680 Crores worth projects have already been approved for all the projects out of which projects amounting to Rs 5827 Crores have been approved for Bihar state.
Benefits Of the Scheme
The scheme provides various benefits for the welfare of the rural people of India. Some of the benefits are as follows:
- All villages and households shall be electrified.
- Increase in agriculture yield.
- Business of Small and household enterprises shall grow resulting into new avenues for employment.
- Improvement in Health, Education, Banking (ATM) services.
- Improvement in accessibility to radio, telephone, television, internet and mobile etc.
- Betterment in social security due to availability of electricity.
- Accessibility of electricity to schools, panchayats, hospitals and police stations etc.
- Rural areas shall get increased opportunities for comprehensive development.