Green Urban Transport Scheme (GUTS)
Green Urban Transport Scheme:- To encourage private investments in climate-friendly and sustainable public transport systems like Metro rail, Non-motorized Transport and other low carbon emitting systems in urban areas, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, Minister of Urban Development took initiatives. He inaugurated the four day ‘Urban Mobility India Conference and Expo’ at Gandhinagar, Gujarat to take actions against environmental degradation by the transport system. Various aspects of “Planning Mobility for City’s Sustainability” was discussed by about 2,500 delegates from India and abroad including Mayors and Municipal Councilors, during the conference which was held.
According to Shri Naidu, the new initiatives under consideration include Green Urban Transport Scheme, new Metro Rail Policy, revision of Metro Acts and Standardization and Indigenisation of Metro systems, aimed at increased private sector participation.
हेल्लो दोस्तों सबसे पहले स्वागत हैं आपका यहाँ पर, दोस्तों बताना चाहेंगे की भारत सरकार दुवारा हाल ही के दिनों में Green Urban Transportation स्कीम Announce की गयी थी जिसके तहत बढ़ते Air Pollution को रोकने के लिए भारत सरकार ये स्कीम लेकर आयी हैं, इस स्कीम के तहत खासकर शहरी Environment में हो रहे पोलुअशन को रोकने के लिए जोर दिया गया हैं, शरुवात में इसके लिए भारत सरकार ने 25000 का बजट पास किया हैं, इस Post के माध्यम से हमने आपको Green Urban Transport स्कीम की जानकारी दी हैं, उम्मीद हैं आप दी गयी जानकारी से संतुष्ट हैं
Objectives of GUTS
The government of India introduced a new scheme called Green Urban Transport Scheme under which the air pollution caused due to the transportation would be reduced by taking different steps. Green Urban Transport Scheme also known as GUTS in short which mainly focuses to reduce the emission of harmful carbon gas from transportation, especially from government-owned transport facilities. Under this scheme, the government plans to launch the eco-friendly transportation facilities which run without damaging changing climatic conditions. The main aim of the scheme is to reduce the emission of Carbon in transport vehicles. In this scheme, the central government of India plans to launch new public transport facilities which emit a low level of carbon gas just like metro rails, transport facilities which are non-motorized in urban areas across the nation in order to reduce pollution.
The government has invested a huge amount of money in carrying out this scheme into actions, these include:
- The Initial Invested Amount by Government in this project is Rs.25, 000 Crores.
- The government also seeks private Investment along with government’s Initial investment.
- Government Investment in Green Urban Transport Scheme: Rs.25, 000 Crores
Features of Green Urban Transport Scheme (GUTS)
The Green Urban Transport Scheme, also known as GUTS possesses these features:
- Vehicles introduced under this (GUTS) are to be fully featured with Intelligent Transport System (ITS) that will create less or no pollution.
- Government plans to place various hi-tech facilities in public transport vehicles under the Green Urban Transport Scheme (GUTS) like Free Wi-Fi.
- Features like ITS and placing hi-tech facilities in public transport vehicles, these features will encourage more people to make use of public transports rather than preferring individual or private mode of transport.
- The central government has allotted Rs. 25000 crores to run the Green Urban Mobility Scheme for the cities of the entire country.
Benefits of Green Urban Transport Scheme (GUTS)
The Green Urban Transport Scheme holds these benefits:
- (GUTS) are fully featured with Intelligent Transport System (ITS).
- Benefits of Hi-tech facilities in public transport vehicles under the Green Urban Transport Scheme (GUTS).
- Benefits of efficient public transport vehicles.
- Benefits to reduce the emission of Carbon in transport vehicles which are good for health.
Eligibility for Green Urban Transport Scheme (GUTS)
The candidate can avail facility from the scheme of Green Urban Transport living at Urban areas must have a population of above 5 Lacs are eligible to implement Green Urban Transport Scheme (GUTS).
How to Implement Green Urban Transport Scheme?
The scheme can be implemented as follows:
- The scheme mainly focuses on urban areas in which the transportation infrastructure going to be upgraded with the Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) by doing so, respective government officials believe that people would prefer public transport instead of preferring individual transportation mode to travel which would cost a lot of pollution.
- Under this scheme, Urban cities which have a total population of over 5 Lacs are considered for this (GUTS), by doing so public transportation would get the increase when compared with past.
- Due to the implementation of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) in the proposed Green Urban Transport Scheme (GUTS) travelers get hi-tech features in public transport system like Wi-Fi, etc.
–> Also Read:-
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan
- Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana
- Midday Meal Yojana in Hindi