Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana – KVPY Exam Date
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana KVPY Details
Name of Yojana
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
Research careers in the areas of basic sciences, engineering and medicine
Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India
PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
12th Class Passed in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Fellowship Written Exam
75% weight-age for Aptitude Test marks
25% weight-age for the interview marks
For General Category/OBC: Rs. 1000
For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 500
Rs. 5000/- in Graduation Courses
Rs. 7000/- in Post Graduation Courses
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Details:
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), a scholarship program is being organized by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India to encourage students to take up research career in the field of Basic Science, Engineering. This program was started by Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 1999. Through this scheme, granting classes to class 11th, class 12 and undergraduate and high-graduate students.
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a scholarship scheme run by the Government of India. Through this scheme, the Government of India aims at attracting young people to the extraordinary talented and highly motivated students for basic knowledge courses and research career.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Eligibility Criteria:
The students will be selected between class 11th to 1st year for the KVPY Scholarship. For this, they must have one subject in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology.
Stream SA: The students must have enrolled in 11th class (science subject).
Stream SX: The students must have enrolled in 12th class (science subject).
Stream SB: The students must have enrolled in 1st year (science subject).
Minimum Percentage: For the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana students have secured minimum 75% (65% marks for SC/ ST/ PWD).
KVPY Selection Process
- Written Examination: After examination of the applications, written examination will be organized in November for the eligible students at approximately 54 examination centers of the entire country. The paper will come in Hindi and English for students for written examination.
- KVPY Admit Card: In the second week of October for the students, information on the written admission of the written examination will be updated on the website.
- KVPY Interview: Students performing well in written tests will be called for an interview, which will be the final form of selection process.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Scholarship/ Fund
Students who pass the KVPY examination will be eligible for this fellowship. These scholarships are received after 1 year of their graduation level B.S/ B.Sc/ M.S/ M.Sc in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates for KVPY will be distributed as follows:
- 5000 monthly fellowships to students from 1 to 3 years and annual contingency grant of Rs. 20,000
- After three years, the Fellowship has been increased to 7000 rupees per month during the MSc/ Integrated MS / MSc of the fourth and fifth year. 28,000
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana KVPY Application Form – How to Apply
The candidates who want scholarship through the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana, they must be done online only. There are 3 steps to complete KVPY Online Application Form:
Step 1: Registration
Step 2: Fill basic details, academic details, choose test center, uploading photo, signature and other certificates.
Step 3: Pay online form payment (once fee is successful and application form submitted no refund will be done)
KVPY Application Form Fee
For the KVPY online form (registration) candidates must have to pay online form fee. Government of India has exempted SC / ST from fees compared to GEN / OBC.
- For General Category/OBC: Rs. 1000
- For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 500
- Mode of Exam: Online Mode
- Duration: Duration of the exam will be three hours.
- Language: Dual languages of English & Hindi.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice/ Objective Types.
- Papers: The question paper divided into two parts: PART I & PART II.
- Marks: 100 marks.
|Sl. No||Subject||Part I||Part II|
|1||Mathematics||15 questions – 1 mark each||5 questions – 2 marks each|
|2||Physics||15 questions – 1 mark each||5 questions – 2 marks each|
|3||Chemistry||15 questions – 1 mark each||5 questions – 2 marks each|
|4||Biology||15 questions – 1 mark each||5 questions – 2 marks each|
The results of the KVPY test are usually declared in the second fortnight of December. The final results of the examination (i.e. qualification test + interview) are announced in the second fortnight of March.
KVPY Exam dates:
Advertisements for KVPY fellowships are published in all national newspapers generally on the Technical Day (May 11) and every Sunday of July every year. The KVPY test is usually held every month in November and interviews are held in the months of January and February. The answers to the exam are published after 10-12 days of examination on the KVPY official website.
Help Line/ Customer Care
IF YOU REQUIRE ANY INFORMATION RELATED TO Application Form,
CALL ON 080 – 22932975/76, 080- 23601008 & 080 – 22933536
Email to email@example.com
THE PHONE NUMBERS ARE AVAILABLE BETWEEN 10:00 AM AND 05:00 PM.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Entrance Examination Centers:
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Entrance (KVPY) Test will be held on following 54 examination centers
Agarthala(Tripura), Agra(Uttar Pradesh), Ahamedabad(Gujarat), Allahabad(Uttar Pradesh), Ambala(Haryana), Aurangabad(Maharashtra), Belagavi(Karnataka), Bengaluru(Karnataka), Bhopal(Madhya Pradesh), Bhubaneshwar(Orissa), Calicut(Kerala), Chandigarh(Chandigarh), Chennai(Tamil Nadu), Coimbatore(Tamil Nadu), Dehradun(Uttarakhand), Delhi(Delhi-NCR), Durgapur(West Bengal), Eranakulam(Kerala), Faridabad(Delhi-NCR), Ghaziabad(Delhi-NCR), Guwahati(Assam), Huballi(Karnataka), Hyderabad(Telangana), Indore(Madhya Pradesh), Jaipur(Rajasthan), Jalandhar(Punjab), Jammu(Jammu & Kashmir), Jamshedpur(Jharkhand), Jodhpur(Rajasthan), Kanpur(Uttar Pradesh), Kolkata(West Bengal), Lucknow(Uttar Pradesh), Madurai(Tamil Nadu), Mangaluru(Karnataka), Mohali (Punjab), Mumbai (Maharashtra), Mysuru(Karnataka), Nagpur(Maharashtra), Noida (Delhi-NCR), Pallakad (Kerala), Patna(Bihar), Pune(Maharashtra), Raipur(Chhattisgarh), Rajkot(Gujarat), Ranchi(Jharkhand), Rourkela(Orissa), Salem(Tamil Nadu), Siliguri(West Bengal), Thrissur(Kerala), Trivandrum(Kerala), Vadodara(Gujarat), Varanasi(Uttar Pradesh), Vijayawada(Andhra Pradesh), Visakhapatnam(Andhra Pradesh)
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana – KVPY Exam Date
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana KVPY Details
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Details:
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Eligibility Criteria:
- KVPY Selection Process
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Scholarship/ Fund
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana KVPY Application Form – How to Apply
- KVPY Application Form Fee
- KVPY Pattern
- KVPY Results:
- KVPY Exam dates:
- Help Line/ Customer Care
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Entrance Examination Centers: