PM YUVA Yojana
Under Pradhan Mantri PM YUVA Yojana, 2200 colleges, 300 schools, 500 ITIs and 50 EDC will be enabled to deliver entrepreneurship education and training to over 7 lakh students all over India. This initiative is expected to create approximately 30000 start-ups over five years, consequently, creating approximately 2,60,000 direct and indirect jobs. Also, a strong pool of approximately 8900 Entrepreneurship Educators and 10,180 Mentors will be created along with this.
The scheme will be supported by a network of Entrepreneurship and Coordination Hubs (E-hubs), comprising of 1 National E-hub, 5 Regional E-Hubs and 50 Nodal E-Hub for resource management and organization at different levels. The enrolled colleges, schools, ITIs and EDC under this program will be the implementation arm of the Project for the betterment of the youth of the country.
PM-YUVA Yojana aims to create an enabling ecosystem for entrepreneurship development through entrepreneurship education & training, advocacy, and easy access to entrepreneurship network at different levels. The project also aims to promote development of social enterprises for inclusive growth as well as exclusive growth. The project will be implemented in collaboration with Wadhwani Foundation, a California (USA) based non-profit public benefit corporation for duration of five years in every region of the country.
- Income Declaration Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
- PM Padho Pradesh Scheme
Objectives of PM YUVA Yojana
PM-YUVA Yojana has four specific and main objectives:
- Educate and equip potential and early stage entrepreneurs.
- Connect entrepreneurs in enabling networks of peers, mentors, incubators, funding and business services.
- Coordinate and support entrepreneurs through Entrepreneurship Hubs(E-Hubs).
- Catalyze a culture shift to support aspiring entrepreneurs.
The target beneficiaries of the scheme are categorized as given below:
- Traditional students who are enrolled in degree programme across undergraduate/ postgraduate courses/ PhD programme/ Diploma
- School Students irrespective of boards
- Students in Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs)
- All citizens including unorganized sector, women, and existing entrepreneurs in rural as well as urban areas, who would like to take up entrepreneurship education through coordination and support programmes.
Key Components of PM YUVA Yojana
The key components of the PM-YUVA Yojana includes:
- Entrepreneurship Mart: Delivered through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and will be facilitated by faculty with in-class discussions and experiential learning like — applications, mock businesses and internships.
- Creating Mentors: Creation of a national network of high quality screened mentors by leveraging existing networks and successful local entrepreneurs, where possible.
- Social Entrepreneurship: Elective courses on Social Entrepreneurship offered in colleges and Social Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (SEDP) offered in Vocational Training Centers (VTCs).
- Entrepreneurship Resource and Coordination Hubs (E-hubs): Establish a network of E-hubs to coordinate and support entrepreneurship development programs.
- Entrepreneurship Promotion: Create a culture of dynamic entrepreneurship through events, branding and marketing along with entrepreneurship research & advocacy.
- Factory on Wheels: Bring entrepreneurship and job opportunities at the door-step of under-privileged youth from remote and rural areas, through mobile ‘Factory on Wheels’ containing all requisites to produce goods.
NOTE- For More Information Kindly Visit The official Website @ http://www.pmyuva.org/