Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY), Agri-Insurance Apply Online, PMFBY Farmer Application Form, Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana PMFBY Notification, PMFBY Scheme, PMFBY agri-insurance.gov.in, Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) Farmer Form
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana was launched by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on February 18, 2016. Its main purpose is to give good medicines for the farmers’ crop, to give them good harvest of the crops, to give Rabi and to freshen up the crops of kharif. Farmers have to pay only the premium of only 2 percent for Kharif crops and 1.5 percent for Rabi crops. Premium of annual commercial and horticultural crops will be 5%.
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)|
|Launched by||PM Shree Narendra Modi|
|Launch Date||18th February 2016|
|Motive||Premium: 2% Kharif and 1.5% for Rabi|
|Target||Protecting farmers from harm|
|Scope of Yojana||Across India|
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Objectives (उद्देश्य):
- Providing insurance cover and financial support to farmers in the event of failure of any notified crop as a result of natural calamities, pesticides and diseases by farmers through this scheme.
- To continue farming continuously to stabilize the income of farmers.
- Encourage the farmers to adopt innovative and modern farming practices.
- To ensure the flow of credit to agriculture sector.
- Special rebate on electricity bills if farmers suffer loss on agriculture.
Highlights of the PMFBY (विशेषताएं):
- The only premium for only 2% by farmers for all kharif crops.
- 5% premium payment will be made for all Rabi crops.
- In the case of annual commercial and horticultural crops, payment of premium paid by farmers will only be 5%. The premium rates paid by farmers are very low and if the remaining premiums will be paid by the government to give full sum insured to the farmers in case of loss of crops due to natural calamities.
- There is no upper limit on government subsidy even if the balance premium is 90%, it will be borne by the government for the farmers.
- Earlier, there was provision for capping the premium rate, which gave less claims to the farmers. This capping was done to limit the government outgo on the premium subsidy. This capping has now been removed and the farmers will get the claim for the full sum insured without any shortage.
- The use of technology will be encouraged to a great extent, in which the smart phones will be used to capture and upload harvesting data to reduce the delay in payment of claims to the farmers. Remote sensing will be used to reduce the number of harvesting experiments.
- PMFBY is a replacement plan of NAIS / MNIIS, all the services included in the implementation of this scheme will be exempted from the service tax liability.
- Through this new scheme the government will ensure 75-80 per cent subsidy of insurance premium for farmers, which will prove to be very helpful in improving the economic condition of the farmers and moving forward.
PMFBY Cover for Farmers (किसानों के लिए PMFBY कवर)
During the season of insurable interest in the crop, the farmers are eligible for the crops given in the following area.
Mandatory coverage: Nomination under the scheme, subject to possession of insurable interest on the cultivation of notified area in the notified area, will be mandatory for the following categories of farmers:
In the notified area, farmers who have a Crop Loan Account / KCC Account (called Lender Farmer), who are cleared / renewed the credit limit for the crop notified during the crop season. And such other farmers, which the government may decide to include from time to time.
Voluntary coverage: Voluntary coverage can’t be obtained by all the above given farmers, including the KCC / Crop Loan account holders, whose credit line has not been renewed.
“प्रधान मंत्री फसल बीमा योजना भारत के प्रधान मंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी द्वारा फरवरी, 2016 को शुरू की गई थी। उसका मुख्य उद्देश्य किसानों की फसल के लिए अच्छी दवाएं देने, उन्हें फसलों की अच्छी फसल देने, रबी देने और ताज़ा करने के लिए है। खरीफ की फसलें किसानों को खरीफ फसलों के लिए केवल 2 प्रतिशत का प्रीमियम और रबी फसलों के लिए 1.5 प्रतिशत का भुगतान करना होगा। वार्षिक वाणिज्यिक और बागवानी फसलों का प्रीमियम 5% होगा।“
Risks Covered under the PMFBY (योजना के अंतर्गत आने वाले जोखिम)
- Yield losses (vertical crop) will be covered due to non-preventable risks such as natural fire and electricity, storm, slurry, Tempest, Troucoda. Flood, flood and landslide, dry, dry mantra, crop risk due to pest / disease will also be covered.
- In such cases, where most insurers of notified area intend to sow / plant and expenditure for this purpose, due to adverse weather conditions, insured crops can be prevented from planting / planting, eligible for maximum compensation claims. Sum Assured of 25% of the amount
- After the crop loss, coverage will be available for harvesting of those crops for a maximum period of 14 days, which are kept in the “cut and spread” condition to dry in the area.
- There will also be loss / damage caused by fixed localized problems such as burglary, landslide, and waterways affecting separate farms in the notified area.
Unit of insurance (बीमा की इकाई)
- This scheme will be implemented on ‘Regional Approach Basis’, i.e. for the scheduled calamities for each notified crop, which is defined as “notified area” for all the insured farmers for a crop, mainly due to the same risk There is a large scale production, the same cost of production per hectare, earns comparative agricultural income per hectare, And crop loss etc. due to the operation of the insured crisis in the notified area.
- Defined area (i.e. unit area of insurance) is Village / village Panchayat level which assesses the major crops in these areas and through this the farmers get compensation.
- If there is a natural crisis (fire, flood, storm etc.) and for the risk of disasters and subsequent harvest loss, the unit of insurance for the loss assessment will be the affected area of the individual farmer.
Calendar of activity (गतिविधि का कैलेंडर)
|Loaning period (loan sanctioned) for Loanee farmers covered on Compulsory basis.||April to July||October to December|
|Cut-off date for receipt of Proposals of farmers (loanee & non-loanee).||31 July||31st December|
|Cut-off date for receipt of yield data||Within a month from final harvest||Within a month from final harvest|
National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS) (राष्ट्रीय कृषि बीमा योजना)
Government of India experimented with a comprehensive crop insurance scheme which failed. Then the Government of India introduced a new scheme called “National Agricultural Insurance Scheme” (NAIS) or “National Agricultural Insurance Scheme” (RKBY) in 1999-2000. In this plan, coverage of all food crops (cereals and pulses), oilseeds, horticulture and commercial crops has been envisaged. This includes all the farmers, both borrowers and non-debtors under the scheme. The premium amount for food crops is between 1.5% and 3.5%.
There are plans on the basis of NAIS
- Regional approach-defined areas for each notified crop for widespread disasters.
- On a personal basis – for local calamities like valleys, landslides, cyclones and floods
Comparison with Previous Schemes (योजनाओं के साथ तुलना)
|PM Crop Insurance Scheme|
|1||Premium rate||Low||High||Lower than even NAIS (Govt to contribute 5 times that of farmer)|
|2||One Season – One Premium||Yes||No||Yes|
|3||Insurance Amount cover||Full||Capped||Full|
|4||On Account Payment||No||Yes||Yes|
|5||Localised Risk coverage||No||Hail storm, Land slide||Hail storm, Land slide, Inundation|
|6||Post Harvest Losses coverage||No||Coastal areas – for cyclonic rain||All India – for cyclonic + unseasonal rain|
|7||Prevented Sowing coverage||No||Yes||Yes|
|8||Use of Technology (for quicker settlement of claims)||No||Intended||Mandatory|
Yes (target to double coverage to 50%)