rgsa.nic.in ~ Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (RGSA). राष्ट्रीय ग्राम स्वराज अभियान 2019 Details. Eligibility, Process of RGSA Scheme 2019 Online.
Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (RGSA) -राष्ट्रीय ग्राम स्वराज अभियान
Both the central and state Union Government of India has launched Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan. The scheme is proved to be helpful for the Panchayati Raj Institutions to deliver more sustainable goals and speed up the overall growth of development in rural areas. Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (RGSA) is the project which is implemented by both the center and the state governments in all states across all over India to reform and strengthen the Panchayat levels. This RGSA scheme is sponsored by both the government, central as well as the state and the funding pattern of the Scheme has been 75% by the Central Government and 25% by the State Government.
- Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (RGSA) is a revamped version of Rajiv Gandhi Panchayat Sashaktikaran Abhiyan (RGPSA) and covers various projects to strengthen the Panchayati Raj system all over the country.
- The Centrally and state-wise Sponsored Scheme of Rajiv Gandhi Panchayat Sashaktikaran Abhiyan (RGPSA) was launched during the 12th Five-year Plan period to strengthen the Panchayati Raj system across the country and to address the critical gaps that constrain it.
- In the context of huge devolution of funds to Gram Panchayats, as per the recommendations of Fourteenth Finance Commission. The State component of the Scheme stands transferred to the States to be met from their own resources.
- The Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan will strengthen the Panchayati Raj system all over the country and address critical gaps that constrain its success.
- In the Union Budget of 2016-17, the Hon’ble Finance Minister Shree Arun Jaitley has announced that a total of Rs. 655 crore is to be allocated for the strengthening and development of the gram panchayats for all states.
- The objective of Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Yojana (RGSY) is to provide support to the initiatives of the States and UTs for Capacity Building and Training of the Panchayati Raj Institutions.
There are four major components of Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan. All these four features add to the development of the program in an organized and planned manner. While strengthening has its own importance, development is another major responsibility this scheme possesses. E-governance is not a new thing but its implementation take time and efforts but prove to be successful. The current government has pledged to put all of this to make the system better and more transparent for the betterment of society and to avoid corruption. The components for which support is extended under the programme includes the following points:
1. Capacity building for strengthening the Panchayati Raj System.
2. Development of institutional capability for training.
3. Implementation of PESA.
4. E-governance support structures.
Aims of Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
The Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan was launched keeping in mind these aims and objectives:
- To enhance capacities and effectiveness of Panchayats and the Gram Sabhas.
- To enable democratic decision-making and accountability in Panchayats and promote people’s participation.
- strengthen the institutional structure for knowledge creation and capacity building of Panchayats.
- To promote devolution of powers and responsibilities to Panchayats according to the spirit of the Constitution and PESA act.
- To strengthen Gram Sabhas to function effectively as the basic forum of people’s participation, transparency, and accountability within the Panchayat system.
- create and strengthen democratic local self-government in areas where Panchayats do not exist.
- To strengthen the constitutionally mandated framework on which Panchayats are founded.
Implementation of Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
The scheme Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan was implemented in following two ways:
- The center assists the states to promote and implement the RSGA so that capacity building of the gram panchayats can be done efficiently. After gram panchayat elections, the elected members are given the responsibility to perform the administrative and governance works at grass root level i.e. panchayat level.
- The states along with the assistance of center government will arrange training centers and skill development workshops for the elected members of the gram panchayat and panchayat officials. The training centers with institutional capability will not only have regular training schedule but also distance learning programs for the elected representatives of the panchayats.