Samagra Shiksha Scheme
To treat school education holistically without segmentation from pre-nursery to Class 12, the Union Budget, 2018-19, has proposed Samagra Shiksha Scheme. It is an overarching programme for the school education sector extending from pre-school to class 12 has been, therefore, prepared with the broader goal of improving school effectiveness measured in terms of equal opportunities for schooling and equitable learning outcomes. Samagra Shiksha Scheme subsumes the three Schemes of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) and Teacher Education (TE).
This sector-wide development, Samagra Shiksha Scheme would also help harmonize the implementation mechanisms and transaction costs at all levels, particularly in using state, district and sub-district level systems and resources, besides envisaging one comprehensive strategic plan for development of school education at the district level. For more details regarding the scheme, one can visit the official website of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, which is samagra.mhrd.gov.in.
This scheme envisages the ‘school’ as a continuum from pre-school, primary, upper primary, secondary to Senior Secondary levels. The vision of the Samagra Shiksha Scheme is to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education from pre-school to senior secondary stage in accordance with the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) for Education. Basically, there are two main goals behind the Samagra Shiksha Scheme, which include:
- Goal SDG-4.1: The SDG-4.1 states that “By 2030, ensure that all boys and girls complete free, equitable and quality primary and secondary education leading to relevant and effective learning outcomes.
- SDG 4.5: The Goal SDG 4.5 states that “By 2030, eliminate gender disparities in education and ensure equal access to all levels of Education and vocational training for the vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples and children in vulnerable situations”
The major objectives of the Samagra Shiksha Scheme are:
- Provision of quality education and enhancing learning outcomes of students;
- Bridging Social and Gender Gaps in School Education;
- Ensuring equity and inclusion at all levels of school education;
- Ensuring minimum standards in schooling provisions;
- Promoting Vocationalisation of education; Support States in implementation of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009; and
- Strengthening and up-gradation of SCERTs/State Institutes of Education and DIET as a nodal agencies for teacher training.
The Samagra Shiksha Scheme will help improve the transition rates across the various levels of school education and aid in promoting universal access to children to complete school education. This scheme will also enable reaping the benefits of technology and widening the access of good quality education across all States and UTs and across all sections of the Society.
The main features of the Samagra Shiksha Scheme are as follows:
- Holistic approach to education
- Administrative reform
- Enhanced Funding for Education
- Focus on Quality of Education
- Focus on Digital Education
- Strengthening of Schools
- Focus on Girl Education
- Focus on Inclusion
- Focus on Skill Development
- Focus on Sports and Physical Education
- Focus on Regional Balance
Steps to LogIn
The interested candidates can get themselves enrolled by logging in to the official website which is samagrashiksha.in/userlogin. The aspirants can follow the below given steps for completing the logging in process.