Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2019 Application Form, Last Date, Eligibility, Renewal, Scholarship Amount, Status for minority girls.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2019 – scholarship-maef.org
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Scheme was launched by the then Prime Minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2003 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The scheme was earlier called as “Maulana Azad National Scholarship”. This step was taken by Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA) of Indian Government.
The Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Scheme was initiated for the well-being and development of Girl Students belonging to the Minority Communities. The scheme provides financial support to the meritorious girls to complete their school education (9th to 12th class) without any economic hurdle.
- Till the date, the scheme has benefit about 4 lac girl students all over the country.
- Scholarship can be spent on the payment of School fee/ Boarding/Lodging charges, purchase of syllabus books/ stationery/equipments required for the course.
Eligibility For Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
- Only girl candidates can apply.
- Candidates must belong to any of the 6 Minority Communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis.
- Applicant must be studying in Class 9th to 12th and have secured minimum of 50% marks in previous class.
- Annual Family Income of the applicant must not exceed INR 2 Lac.
- Applicant must be studying in India only.
- Student getting benefits under any other Central/ State Govt implemented scholarship scheme are not eligible to apply.
- There should not be any gap of academic session in studies of the applicant at any time due to any reason.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Rewards
|For Class 9th & 10th||INR 10000/- in two installments of INR 5000/-.|
|For Class 11th & 12th||INR 12000/- in two installments of INR 6000/-.|
- Amount of scholarship will be transferred directly into the beneficiary’s bank account through Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) mode.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Selection Procedure
- The selection will be done on the basis of Merit List prepared based upon the factors such as annual income, academic performance etc.
- A fixed number of scholarships are reserved for each State/UTs based upon the population of the minorities there.
- Preference would be given to the Students from BPL families, having the lowest income.
How To Apply For Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Application Process
The scheme is implemented through Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) Scholarship Portal. Interested and eligible candidates will have to apply online on MAEF Portal.
- You need to visit the website scholarship-maef.org.
- Register yourself for the first time in “Student Registration Form” by providing accurate and authenticated information.
- Login with the registered id and other details.
- Fill up the application form available there.
- Upload your photo and signature in the form.
- Submit the form.
Documents Required For Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
- Passport size photograph
- Previous class’ mark sheet
- Income certificate
- Minority community certificate
- Bank/ postal account passbook
- Aadhaar card
You need to send the duly filled application form along with all the essential documents to MAEF office in the due course of time to the following address:
Maulana Azad Campus,
Opposite New Delhi Railway Reservation Centre,
New Delhi – 110055