www.daad.in – DAAD Scholarship India 2019 Last Date. Apply Online For DAAD India Scholarship 2019/2020 Application Form Deadline.
DAAD Scholarship India 2019 – www.daad.in
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organization of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
This DAAD Scholarship Program offers the opportunity for the graduate candidates to continue their academic education in Germany with a postgraduate course of study.
Fields of Study in PG
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Law, Economics and Social Sciences
- Mathematics/Natural Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine/Agriculture, Forestry and Nutritional Science
- Art, Music, Sport
Who Can Apply For DAAD Scholarship India – Eligibility Criteria
- Excellently-qualified graduates who have completed a first degree (Bachelor, Diploma or comparable academic degree) at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
- For applicants from artistic disciplines and the field of architecture, the DAAD offers subject-specific scholarship programmes.
What Can Be Funded For DAAD India Scholarship ?
- Participation in a postgraduate programme after a first undergraduate course of study for the purpose of technical or scientific specialization.
Specifically, the following is supported:
- A postgraduate or Master’s degree programme completed at a state or state-recognized university in Germany.
- The first or second year of study at a state or state-recognized German university as part of a postgraduate or Master’s degree programme completed in the home country or in another foreign country; recognition of the academic achievements rendered in Germany must be guaranteed.
Duration of Funding DAAD Scholarship India
For a postgraduate or Master’s degree completed in Germany:
- Between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study programme.
- The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the standard period of study for the chosen study programme (up to a maximum of 24 months).
- To receive further funding after the first year of study for 2-year courses, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study programme can be successfully completed within the standard period of study.
- Applicants who are already in Germany in the first academic year of a 2-year postgraduate or Master’s programme at the time of their application may apply for a scholarship for the second year of study. In this case, it is not possible to extend the scholarship.
For a study period in Germany as part of a postgraduate or Master’s degree completed in India:
- Usually one academic year; an extension is not possible.
- The scholarship usually begins on 1st October, or earlier if the student takes a language course prior to the study programme.
Scholarship Amount/ Benefits of DAAD Scholarship
- Scholarship payments of 750 euros a month
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
Selection Process For DAAD Scholarship India
An independent selection committee consisting of specialist scientists reviews applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic Achievements
- Convincing academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany
How To Apply For DAAD Scholarship India – Online Registration Form
- You can access the DAAD portal by clicking “Application portal” at the end of the page. Here you will find an online application form in which you can enter your application data.
- In order to use the DAAD Portal and, for instance, submit an application, you have to register an account first.
- During the registration process, you will need to enter your name and email address. Your email address will serve as a unique user id to authorize you to use the portal in the future and access your application data every time you log in.
- You must register successfully in order to log into the portal.
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents. If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices to the portal in PDF format.
- Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
Documents Required DAAD Scholarship India
Documents to upload to the DAAD portal
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
- Letter of admission to a study programme; this can be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s)
For a postgraduate or Master’s degree to completed in Germany:
- Form “Information about your preferred master programmes”
For a study period in Germany as part of a postgraduate or Master’s degree completed in the home country:
- Proof that the academic achievements rendered in Germany will recognized in the home country
To be submitted by post:
- The “Application summary”, which is generated in the portal in PDF format and which can printed out after the online application procedure is completed.
- One recent reference from a university teacher which provides information about your qualifications (hand-signed, no digital or scanned signature)
- One copy of the reference in a sealed envelope with each copy of your application.
Click Here To Apply For DAAD India Scholarship.