MHRD Scholarship 2019 Online Application Form Last Date, Eligibility, Selection Process, Rewards, Renewal Form, Status, How To Apply.
MHRD Scholarship 2019 Online Application Form – mhrd.gov.in/scholarships
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) was created in 1985. The essence of MHRD is education. The citizens of India are its most valuable resources so our nation needs to nurture them in the form of education for overall development of the country.
MHRD Scholarship is the Central Sector Scholarship for College and University Students introduced in 2008 by MHRD, Government of India. The scheme aims to provide financial assistance to meritorious students of poor families to meet their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies at UG and PG level.
Key Features of MHRD Scholarship 2019
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the results of 12th board exams (Senior Secondary Examination).
- Annually 82000 scholarships are awarded for students pursuing non-professional courses in Bachelor’s/ Master’s studies as well as in professional courses, such as Medical, Engineering etc.
- Scholarships are equally divided among girls and boys [41000 for boys and 41000 for girls].
- The available number of scholarships is distributed amongst 12th class pass outs in Science, Commerce and Humanities streams in the ratio of 3:2:1.
- Also, a certain number of scholarships are reserved for all states.
- The scholarship will be disbursed directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
Eligibility For MHRD Scholarship 2019
Applicants must ensure their eligibility as per the following criteria for the MHRD Scholarship 2019:
- 12th Class pass out students of the 2018-19, who are above 80th percentile of the respective State Education Boards (SEBs) are eligible under the scheme.
- Applicant must have admitted to any recognized institute for Under Graduate courses.
- Annual Family Income must not exceed INR 6 Lakh from all sources.
- All categories students can apply for this scholarship.
- Candidates pursuing degree courses through distance mode or correspondence are not eligible.
- Students pursuing Diploma courses are not eligible under the scheme.
- He/ she should not be availing benefit of any other scholarship scheme.
MHRD Scholarship Amount / Renewal
- The rate of scholarship is INR 10000/- per annum at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and INR 20000/- per annum at Post- Graduation level.
- Students pursuing Professional Courses of duration 5 years/Integrated course would get INR 20000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th year.
- MHRD Scholarship is renewable from year to year up to postgraduate level in the same stream upto maximum 5 years.
- For all professional courses, Scholarship will be renewed till the graduation level only.
Selection Criteria of MHRD Scholarship 2019
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) shall prepare a provisional list of selected candidates on Merit Basis.
- The online applications would be verified at two levels:
- By the Institute where the student is studying.
- By the respective State Education Board.
- Merit list as per the State allocated quota would be prepared from the verified applications.
How To Apply For MHRD Scholarship 2019 – Application Procedure
- Eligible candidates are required to visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Applications can be submitted in the month of June-July every year.
- You need to click on “New Student? Register Here” for new user registration.
- Enter the required basic details such as scheme type, date of birth, mobile number, email ID etc.
- Enter the details of the bank account of your name.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- You need to login to the portal with the OTP.
- Fill up the application form.
- Attach requisite documents (as mentioned below).
- Submit the form.
- You need to note down your application ID and password generated for future references.
Documents Required For MHRD Scholarship
- Identity Proof
- Passport Sized Photo
- Income Certificate
- 12th Marksheet
- Admission/ Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate, if any
- Disability Certificate, if any
MHRD Scholarship 2019 Payment Status Check
- The student can track their payment status on Public Financial Management System (PFMS) portal.
- You need to go to the template “Know Your Payment” on https://pfms.nic.in/Users/LoginDetails/Login.aspx.
- Now, enter Aadhaar or bank account number.
- Your payment status will be displayed on the screen.