Smart City Yojana Concept
Smart City Yojana is one of the most favorite and ambitious project of Indian Government, the main motive of this Scheme is to build Smart Cities in India so Indian can stand of Global Platform and attracts more Tourists, Investors in the country. Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced the world about this Scheme.
The emergence of the idea of the smart city ought to be seen in the backdrop of the need to contain corruption and meet the requirement of adequate and efficient service delivery in urban areas using information and digital technologies. The success of the programmes will be judged in future by its power to transform the life of the people, and their ability to reduce growing inequality in our society.
Smart City Yojana Features
The main features of Smart City Yojana are as follows-
- To develop the existing cities and some other small cities
- Modern and Sustainable lifestyle in terms of- Healthcare, Sanitation, Infrastructure, Ecology, Education and Opportunities,
- There are total 100 cities selected under this scheme,
- The total time duration of this Scheme is 20 Years
The Expected Cost of Smart City Project-
As per the Govt the initial cost of Smart City Yojana is 7,000 Crores INR. But Govt also inform that the project may goes upto 7,00,000 Crores at the final phase means when this project will end. The amount and total budget set by under the guidance of Ministry of Finance and Finance Minister, Mr. Arun Jaitley.
Smart City Yojana Main Points
“The old city of concrete, glass and steel now conceals a vast underworld of computer and softwares. The new city, on the other hand, is a digital upgrade to our built legacy giving rise to a new wind of city’- we may call it a smart city”
Main points of Smart City Mission are as follows-
- The Smart Cities Mission will cover 100 cities during the five year period from 2015-16 to 2019-2020.
- It may be extended depending upon the evaluation by the Ministry of Urban Development. So, the concept and strategies of the smart city will continue to be an evolving one.
- Mission did not provide any definition of the smart city but aims to harness the potential of the city which aspires to become smart through smart solutions. Smart solutions include e-governance and electronic service delivery, video crime monitoring, smart meters for water supply management, smart parking and intelligent traffic management to mention few from a long list.
Implementations of Smart City Yojana
The implementation of the Smart Cities Mission will be carried out by a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) headed by a full-time CEO with nominees of Central, State and Local Governments. The SPV will be a limited company under the Companies Act, 2013 at the city-level. At the city level, a Smart City Advisory Forum will be established for all 100 Smart Cities to advise and enable collaboration among various stakeholders and will include the District Collector, MP, MLA, Mayor, CEO of SPV, local youths and citizens and technical experts.
The Smart Cities Mission requires smart people to participate actively in governance and reforms. The participation of smart people will be enabled by the SPV through increasing use of ICT, especially mobile-based tools. The Central Government will provide Rs 194 crore as grant initially with an equal matching grant from the state government. The future grants to the smart city depend upon performance. The 100 smart cities will be selected based on competition inviting Smart City Proposal.
A large number of consulting firms, as well as handholding agencies, will be engaged in different stages of smart city development. In the long run, these cities will acquire a brand and an identity based on their main economic activity such as local cuisine, health, education, arts and craft, culture, sports goods, furniture, hosiery, textile etc. Thus, the smart cities will emerge not only as sites of production and efficient governance but also the sites of consumption. In the event of this, it is likely to spur economic growth and improve the quality of life of its citizens.
Read Full Official Article About Smart City Yojana Click Here