PM Vishwakarma Yojana
The PM Vishwakarma Yojana is a fresh initiative / scheme intended to offer comprehensive assistance to traditional craftsmen and artisans, aiding them in expanding their usual crafts and services.
- Recognizing craftsmen and artisans, ensuring they are qualified to receive all perks available under the Vishwakarma Scheme.
- Offering opportunities for skill enhancement and the availability of appropriate training to refine their talents.
- Supplying improved and contemporary tools to boost their skills, efficiency, and the quality of their creations.
- Granting beneficiaries straightforward access to loans without collateral and minimizing credit cost by offering a reduction in interest rates.
- Encouraging the use of digital transactions, propelling the digital upliftment of the Vishwakarmas (artisans and craftsmen).
- Establishing a stage (markets) for brand enhancement and connections to the market, assisting them in uncovering new prospects.
- Recognition: Artisans are certified and provided with ID Cards as proof of their Vishwakarma status.
- Skill Development: Individuals undergo an evaluation and partake in a basic 5-7 days (40 hours) training program.
There’s an option for extended learning with an additional 15 days (120 hours) of comprehensive training.
Participants receive a daily stipend of Rs 500 for their commitment.
- Equipment/Tool Kit Support: Artisans are awarded a Rs 15,000 grant to secure necessary tools for their craft.
- Financial Aid: Artisans can access collateral-free loans of Rs 1 lakh (18-month repayment term) and Rs 2 lakh (30-month repayment term).
Beneficiaries enjoy a reduced 5% interest rate, with a maximum of 8% interest being absorbed by MoMSME.
The government shoulders the credit guarantee fees.
- Digital Transaction Bonus: Artisans are encouraged to use digital payments, earning Re 1 for each transaction, capped at 100 transactions a month.
- Promotional Assistance: The National Committee for Marketing (NCM) aids artisans with quality assurance, brand building, online market access, trade fair participation, and widespread promotional activities to elevate their market presence.
The scheme is dedicated to offering an all-inclusive support system, ranging from enhancing skills and providing modern tools to facilitating easy credit access and promoting digital transactions, ensuring the comprehensive growth of artisans and craftsmen.
“Traditionally, crores of Vishwakarmas who create something or the other by working hard with thelr hands, tools and equipment are the builders of this country. We have a huge list of countless people like the blacksmiths, goldsmiths, potters, carpenters, sculptors, artisans, masons etc. The country has brought various incentive schemes for the first time to support the hard work of all these Vishwakarmas. Provisions have been made for training, technology, credit and market support for such people. PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman will bring a sea change in the lives of crores of Vishwakarmas” PM Narendra Modi said during the launch of the scheme.
To download the PDF of PM Vishwakarma guidelines, please click the link below:
New Parliament image credit: